Early in the new century, the whole empire was thrown into mourning by the death of our late beloved Queen Victoria on 22nd January, 1901. None mourned her more sincerely than the brethren of the mystic tie, and all Lodges covered their jewels and aprons with crape for three months.
Bro. Kelly occupied the Chair during the first two years of the twentieth century, and was succeeded by Bro. Sergt.-Major James Macdonald, of the 3rd Battalion Gordon Highlanders (Militia), on 27th December, 1902, who also held office for two years. Bro. Macdonald gave place to Bro. Andrew S. Taylor, who again was succeeded by Bro. John Gair on S. John’s Day, 1906.
On Saturday, the 7th of November, 1908, there was laid with full Masonic honours the foundation stone of the new Masonic Temple in Crown Street. The brethren assembled at the old halls in Exchange Street in large numbers, and marched in procession to Crown Street, where the ceremony was performed by the R.W.P.G. Master, Bro. Alexander Wilson, who had just been elected Lord Provost of the City.
On 27th December, 1908, Bro. John Black, Regimental Sergt.-Major of the 2nd Scottish Horse, was unanimously elected Master of the Lodge. The most notable event during his term of office was the migration of the Craft from Exchange Street to the handsome new Temple in Crown Street.